Dynamically allow users with OpenSSH?

Peter Moody mindrot at hda3.com
Thu Mar 7 09:29:52 AEDT 2019

why aren't the authorized keys/principals commands sufficient?

$ getent group maybe-allow-these-users
maybe-allow-these-users:x:111:user1,user2,user3,user4,user5...

Match Group maybe-allow-these-users
  AuthorizedPrincipalsCommand /etc/ssh/allow_if_running_job %u
  AuthorizedPincipalsCommandUser nobody

$ cat /etc/ssh/allow_if_running_job
#!/bin/sh
ps auxgw | grep $1 && echo $1

the AuthorizedKeysCommand could look like

$ cat /etc/ssh/allow_if_running_job
#!/bin/sh
ps auxgw | grep $1 && cat /home/$1/.ssh/authorized_keys

replace ps auxgw with whatever command you run to find out if the user
is running a job