ssh handshake fails

Mark D. Baushke mdb at juniper.net
Thu May 2 17:07:58 AEST 2019

salil GK <gksalil at gmail.com> writes:

...elided...
>    I am facing a ssl hand shake issue in FIPS mode. I have the
> following parameters in my ssh configuration files

...elided...
> PubkeyAlgorithms x509v3-sign-rsa
> X509KeyAlgorithm x509v3-sign-rsa,rsa-sha1
...elided...

OpenSSH does not support X509v3 of any kind.

If you have an OpenSSH-like release that does support them, then you may
be using PKIX-SSH: https://roumenpetrov.info/secsh/ by Roumen Petrov.

Your output does not provide version information to be sure.

If you are using PKIX-SSH, the Xkey_sign function is likely to be in the
ssh-x509.c file which means that you have not linked it properly.

In any case, this is not really the right forum for your help question.

	Good luck,
	-- Mark