Re: “Stripped-down” SSH (no encryption or authentication, just forwarding)

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Wed Oct 16 11:33:25 AEDT 2019

The goal of OpenSSH is to replace unencrypted connections, so such a mode
would be counter to the project's goals, and such features have actually
been the source of security problems in the past.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 11:16, Demi M. Obenour <demiobenour at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I mentioned in another email, what I am really looking for is
> multiplexing multiple socket connections over a single full-duplex
> stream.

Sounds like you want a SOCKS server like Dante or similar.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)