Re: “Stripped-down” SSH (no encryption or authentication, just forwarding)

Demi M. Obenour demiobenour at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 03:12:05 AEDT 2019

On 2019-10-16 08:07, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> stunnel? https://www.stunnel.org/static/stunnel.html ?

stunnel doesn’t support multiplexing.  As I mentioned in another
email, my connection may not be over a network at all ― it may be
over a serial line, Xen vchan, or other such stream.  Using a full
VPN is overkill here.

The HPN patches for OpenSSH are the closest to a solution I have found,
although I might wind up writing my own tool.  Would a dedicated
protocol, such as yamux, be better for this than SSH?

Sincerely,

Demi