running ~/.ssh/rc doesn't use users shell or file's interpreter (Security issue?)

L A Walsh openssh at tlinx.org
Wed Sep 4 06:47:58 AEST 2019

I have an rc script and ran across what appears to be a bug.

In the rc script, I have the start line:
#!/bin/bash, as well as it seems to ignore the user's shell.

While one might argue that 'rc' is not executed, but sourced,
at the very least it seems it should use the user's listed
shell.

If I have a user setup with 'rbash', 'rsh', for example,
ssh would seem to ignore that and use /bin/sh.