Feature request: ProxyJump with Unix sockets

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Fri Apr 17 20:29:28 AEST 2020

On 2020/04/17 10:56, Christophe Lohr wrote:
> Dear developers,
>   The  ProxyJump  feature is nowadays implemented on the basis of a TCP port forwarding on the jumping host, isn't it?
> As a result, this is affected by a AllowTcpForwarding=no configuration on the jumping host.
>
> So, may I suggest a variant based on Unix sockets (such as -L or -R does).
>
> Nice idea, isn't it?
> Any volunteer to implement this?

That doesn't make sense, how are you going to connect from the "jump
host" to an end machine using a unix socket?

(If ssh forwarding is disabled but you are still able to make outgoing
connections, you can use some "ssh jumphost nc" variant in ProxyCommand
instead, like we used to do before ProxyJump).