Deprecation of scp protocol and improving sftp client

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Tue Aug 4 05:04:59 AEST 2020

On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 18:44 +0000, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL
wrote:
> Again. For me that remote path expansion is not the "core". The
> "core" is the ability to do "cp" from one host within my security
> domain to another.

Well I guess mandatory should what most people want/can reasonably
expect/and are promised by a given program,... which is here most
likely secure copying over any line from/to an remote host (i.e.
including a scenario with rogue clients and/or servers).

I.e. it should not focus on what just certain people (who e.g. get
their security by other means) need... or even those who don't do their
homework, by e.g. not upgrading to recent versions/etc..

Cheers.