A new tool for sftp and wtmp support

Heikki Orsila heikki.orsila at iki.fi
Thu Dec 17 00:46:54 AEDT 2020

Hello OpenSSH developers and users,

I implemented a tool that logs SFTP sessions into wtmp on GNU/Linux.
The tool makes SFTP sessions visible for commands like w and last.
It is available at:

	https://github.com/Seravo/openssh-sftp-logging

I would be interested in hearing your comments. Please try it!

Please report if you need it or can't use it. I'm interested in fixing
any issues.

This is the option 2 in the message that started this thread.
In longer term, if there is interest for this feature, I would like to
implement option 3 as a configuration in ssh server. All sessions
should be optionally loggable (based on a configuration variable).

Best regards,

Heikki Orsila