Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.2

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 21:40:16 AEDT 2020

On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 10:29 +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 8.2p1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate
> testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This is a feature
> release.

We are building openssh with -fvisibility=hidden and it is breaking
tests. The build of sk-dummy.so does not list the public function as
explicitly visible, which would be a good habit when writing shared
libraries.

I see that as long as OpenSSH does not provide public library, there is
no need to care generally for the API and visibility, but this is
something  that will need to be addressed in the end if you decide to
make ssh_api.h public.

My proposal would be to specify __attribute__((visibility("default")))
to the exported functions in sk-dummy.c or whatever else compiler
alternatives need to be provided. I think something similar should go
also to the ssh_api.h

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen