OpenSSH ver.8.2p1 compilation error on AIX

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Thu Feb 20 10:48:12 AEDT 2020

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 03:51, Val Baranov <val.baranov at duke.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:31 PM Darren Tucker wrote:
[...]
> Daren, This is definitely ver. 8.2 - my apologies, but the output provided from session
> where " libressl-api-compat.c " was substituted with the older version in attempts to find
> out if this may have any difference.

What options did you give to configure?  In your mail prior to the
release you had --without-openssl-header-check, which makes me suspect
you have mismatched openssl headers somewhere on your system which
could potentially cause this.

> So, what you may recommend? Switch over to gcc/gmake? This will leave AIX native
> compiler forever out of scope. As an option and if needed, I may perform debugging per
> your directions (if possible).

Well I'd like to see it work, but at the moment it's not clear to me
what the problem is.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)