X448 Key Exchange (RFC 8731)

Joseph S. Testa II jtesta at positronsecurity.com
Sat Jul 4 09:03:44 AEST 2020

On 7/3/20 5:34 PM, Mark D. Baushke wrote:
> I would hope that offering to do the X448 implementation for LibreSSL
> and patches to OpenSSH to enable either OpenSSL or LibreSSL for X448
> would be well received.

I wouldn't mind doing this if there was a good chance of X448 being
included into OpenSSH as a result.  But I wouldn't take up that project
otherwise.

> NIST seems to be plugging away at Post-Quantum Cryptography (PQC)
> https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/post-quantum-cryptography I suspect they
> have a long way to go yet before they standardize on anything.

Right... and it would take even longer before I'd have enough faith in
PQC for everyday use.  Whereas X448 is available now and has undergone a
lot of testing already.

    - Joe

--
Joseph S. Testa II