OpenSSH not requesting PIN code for YubiKey

Douglas E Engert deengert at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:31:39 AEST 2020

You did not says what method you are using.
https://developers.yubico.com/SSH/
lists 4 different ways to use the Yubikey: PIV, PGP, FIDO U2F and OTP.

In PIV section:
https://developers.yubico.com/PIV/Guides/SSH_user_certificates.html
It says:
"If you have followed these steps to the letter, you will not be asked
for the PIV PIN, but your YubiKey will start blinking, waiting for touch."
Note the "--pin-policy=never --touch-policy=always"

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert at gmail.com>