"ssh -Q key" does not list rsa-sha2 algorithms

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Tue Jun 2 18:42:37 AEST 2020

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 17:55, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
> Am Di., 2. Juni 2020 um 00:57 Uhr schrieb Darren Tucker <dtucker at dtucker.net>:
> > In addition, from version 8.2 ssh -Q will also accept ssh_config
> > keywords and emit the formats or algorithms accepted by that keyword,
> > eg.
>
> Nice. Shouldn't they also be listed in the output of -Q help?

I hadn't really thought of that, I just considered it a convenience
alias.  It is documented in the man page (eg
https://man.openbsd.org/ssh.1):

"""
-Q query_option [...]. Alternatively, any keyword from ssh_config(5)
or sshd_config(5) that takes an algorithm list may be used as an alias
for the corresponding query_option.
"""

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)