Deprecation of scp protocol and improving sftp client

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jun 17 04:25:25 AEST 2020

I don’t think the majority of users even know what’s under the hood of scp, let alone care.

So, whatever change one can make that is transparent to the users *and* doesn’t negatively impact performance, is bound to be a winner.

Somehow, I doubt sftp can provide that, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong here.

Regards,
Uri