Feature request: Chroot support for NTFS fileshares

ignace Decock ignacedecock at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:33:39 AEDT 2020

Hello,

Is there a possibility to consider the CHROOT functionality to allow windows network shares (UNC Paths)?

There is a similar Github Topic talking about this were they use Symlinks to solve this. However this doesn't seem like a preferred method as you open up a lot of other windows magic that might create errors. For instance you can't go back one folder when using a SFTP client.

I understand currently chroot only supports absolute paths. But UNC paths look like the logical next step.

https://github.com/PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH/issues/1258

For me personally I want to make only certain folders visible to certain users. This is possible with Access-based Enumeration but this only works on shares.

Happy to hear back from you guys on if this would be considered.

Kind Regards,

Ignace