ability to select which identity to forward when using "ForwardAgent" ?

Pablo Escobar pescobar001 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:14:12 AEDT 2020

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 2:35 PM Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Oct 2020, Pablo Escobar wrote:
>
> Instead, I have some work-in-progress patches that let ssh-add mark a key
> as "local only". These keys may be used for authentication by ssh but are
> never forwarded. This lets users separate the two commingled roles of the
> agent: 1) a handy place way to use private keys without having to type the
> passphrase over and over and 2) a repository of keys that you want to
> forward to remote hosts.
>
> Patches are attached but be warned that are likely incomplete :)

Thanks for your work on this topic. Indeed this seems a nice alternative
approach.

I don't feel confident enough to test incomplete openssh patches so I will
wait in case this is released at some point. I know it's not polite to ask
for release dates so I won't do it ;) but I will ask...do you expect to get
this patch merged upstream at some moment? I guess the right place to check
if this feature has been released would be
https://www.openssh.com/releasenotes.html , right? Or is there any pull
request somewhere which I can follow?

regards,
Pablo.