UpdateHostkeys now enabled by default

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Thu Oct 8 02:11:53 AEDT 2020

On 2020-10-03, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:

> I just fixed a couple of corner-cases relating to UpdateHostkeys in git
> HEAD and have enabled the option by default.

I'm struggling to understand under which conditions this adds/changes
entries in ~/.ssh/known_hosts.

So far it always fails with "wildcard known hosts name found,
skipping UserKnownHostsFile update".

I don't have any wildcard entries in known_hosts.  I _do_ have a
number of entries with multiple addresses like this:

  partoc,fddd:28ee:243::4,172.16.0.4

So it skips those.  But it also skips very basic entries like

  amd64.ports.openbsd.org,199.185.231.80

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de