Human readable .ssh/known_hosts?

Philipp Marek philipp at marek.priv.at
Tue Sep 29 21:08:23 AEST 2020

> At this point, my best practice would possibly be, to start with an
> empty known host and build a new one from all hosts in my .ssh/config.

You could move your user-known hosts file to the global location,
and empty yours.
That way new (and changed) get written to your new file, but the old
list is used as a backup.

Perhaps that would be a feature request - "also look at this file,
and silently migrate to the user's file if identical".

> How would a 'lasst_seen' column in known_hosts be a nice feature? I'm
> not sure.

Not sure about that. Age doesn't tell about validity.