OpenSSH support for FIDO RSA keys

David Newall openssh at davidnewall.com
Mon Aug 30 12:13:57 AEST 2021

On 28/8/21 2:57 am, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Damien Miller wrote:
>> I'm expecting a big fight when I eventually push to remove ssh-dss,
> FWIW I think that's long overdue, and understand your worry.

I, too, understand your worry, but I also understand why there will be a
lot of pushback against removing it.

A lot of equipment, perfectly good equipment, expensive equipment, but
old equipment requires it.  Most of it is behind a security appliance so
there's no real risk is negligible if indeed it's not actually zero.

Removing DSS removes management access to the equipment and the only
reason is a pedantic complaint that DSS is trivially broken.

Please don't break equipment over well-meaning pedantry.