Option equivalent to -n in client?

Volker Diels-Grabsch v at njh.eu
Thu Feb 11 17:35:19 AEDT 2021

Dear asymptosis, all,

Some time ago I created (and offered on this list) a similar patch for
the uppercase `-N` flag, which also has no corresponding sshconfig
option.

Back then it didn't receive much interest (no offense, this was just
my impression), but I could give it a second try, forward-port it and
adjust it for adding a `-n` flag equivalent as well.

Would that make sense?

Best regards,
Volker Diels-Grabsch

asymptosis wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was hoping to add something to ~/.ssh/config where a certain class of hosts always gets the equivalent of `-n` flag added. I've had a look through both the ssh client and ssh_config manuals and it seems like there is no corresponding option?
>
> Could such an option be added? Maybe something like "NoStdin yes" or "StdinSource /dev/null".
>
> Cheers!

Volker Diels-Grabsch