Bringing back tcp wrappers

Saint Michael venefax at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 02:27:23 AEST 2021

I use iptables, but all my servers have public IPs, for we do
telecommunications. If my firewall is down for any reason and I don't catch
it, they will hack me. I don't know how they do it, for I have password
authentication disabled, but they hack me and it's always via Centos 7
machines. But Openssh in Centos 7 is so old that cannot communicate with
newer machines, they cannot agree on protocols and ciphers, etc. So I am
trying to compile openssh latest in Centos 7, but no libwrap support. The
perfect storm.
They have been installing Bitcoin miners right and left. I think that they
penetrate a single box that is left with password authentication =yes, and
do a lateral infection. The only failsafe solution is to use hosts.allow.
They can take down a powerplant with this technique. To remove libwrap was
a completely irresponsible move.