Bringing back tcp wrappers

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Thu Jun 24 09:24:52 AEST 2021

TCP wrappers? The 1990s just called, and they want their O'Reilly network security book back.

Seriously, I hear phone and power networks, and TCP wrappers are the best defense-in-depth that can be done? We're doomed as a species.

At the very least, you can use https://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html and https://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html for reliable alternatives to TCP wrappers and systems, respectively.

At best, you should be using on-host iptables, public-key or certificate authentication, and other modern methods to secure your systems....

--
jmk