is SFTPv4 support possible?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 1 06:27:52 AEST 2021

i decided to look at what SFTPv4 would actually look like were it implemented.
tbh, if we only do the server, i don't think it's really that bad, especially
when we compare it to implementing custom extensions (vs the status quo).  if
anything, i think doing SFTPv4 is better code-wise than doing extensions.

supporting it in the client requires more work, so maybe we don't bother there,
at least initially ?  i'll send a partial (like 90% done) implementation.

wdyt ?  i'll send patches for illustration.
-mike