ssh-agent: perform AGENTC_REMOVE_ALL_IDENTITIES on SIGUSR1

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Fri Sep 10 13:57:30 AEST 2021

On Fri, 10 Sept 2021 at 09:04, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
> [...]
> >  |"The details vary across UNIX systems" suggests that you may need to
> >  |do research on this.
> >
> > Wouldn't you agree that the approach that was chosen covers exactly that?
>
> Yes! Another fd can make poll() return reliably. I'd probably choose a
> pipe.

You could change the poll() to ppoll() and give it an appropriate signal
mask, then the signal handler would only have to set a sig_atomic_t flag.

Not every platform has ppoll(), but we already have compat code
implementing both poll() and pselect() on top of select(), so we've already
got most of what would be needed to do ppoll too.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)