Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at binect.de
Fri Sep 10 17:53:18 AEST 2021

A quick question (I hope): I built an SSH user CA that would allow users
to SSH in (using their keypair) and thus trigger creation of a matching
cert. What I would *like* to do is to (add agent forwarding to the login
and) have the CA load the cert straight into the agent.

What happens is that doing an ssh-add on the CA fails because it cannot
find the *private* key in a local file, and even when I download the
cert and do the ssh-add locally, I need to enter the passphrase into the
terminal, presumably because it does read the privkey from its file as
well - in spite of the fact that the privkey is already loaded in the
agent all the time.

Is this a principal limitation of the code/protocol/security model,
something I can work around (though I don't yet see how), a feature
request with a chance of getting implemented, ... ?

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur