Aw: Re: Howto log multiple sftpd instances with their chroot shared via NFS

Hildegard Meier daku8938 at gmx.de
Sat Sep 25 01:42:08 AEST 2021

Thanks, this sounds like the solution could be in this direction.
I think, the sftpd process should just not write to the /dev/log unix socket (because this leads to the problem here), but to the local kernel directly, something like what you describe here.

But how could I do this concrete with Ubuntu Linux? What you write is rather abstract and I am not so expert that I understand what you mean with LD_PRELOAD wrapper.

Unfortunately, I could not change our sftp server to OpenBSD operating system since we would not have the capacity to maintain this one special operating system. We maintain our 350 Ubuntu Linux servers with already established processes.