is SFTPv4 support possible?

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 04:55:40 AEST 2021

Hi,
the higher versions (like 6) have a supported structure with all the
flags and features the servers support, see:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13#section-5.4

The server can simply set the valid attributes like size, permissions,
type, owner and group and times, and so thus ignoring everything else.

But the standard answer is use a different sftp subsystem than the one
provided by openssh. I'm writing one which supports at least version
6, and possibly uses some extensions.

See for example:

https://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/sftpserver/

There is a lot of info about sftp implementations.
Stef Bon