AcceptEnv LANG LC_* vs available locales

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.com
Mon Apr 25 19:13:38 AEST 2022

Hi Stuart,

On 2022-04-25 10:25:19, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> If you're using non-default config to pass these variables and have
> some places where it's a problem to see an unknown locale, you could
> always make your own changes to the variables in .profile on those
> systems. (I am guessing that in the majority of these cases the only
> actual problem is the noise from Debian's Perl configuration...)

Indeed.

I think the easiest and most consistent way is to *not* send LANG
and LC_CTYPE and the others to the peer. I have a related question
to SendEnv in ssh_config(5):

Does
	Host debianhost
		SendEnv !LANG !LC_*

tell ssh to ignore the previous

	SendEnv LANG LC_*

set in /etc/ssh/ssh_config, or does it mean to send *all* variables
except for LANG and LC_*? Maybe I am too blind to see, but the man
page appears to be a bit vague in this case.

Regards
Harri