Passing SFTP options when using SCP

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Thu Dec 15 08:47:17 AEDT 2022

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 06:10, Chris Rapier <rapier at psc.edu> wrote:
> On 12/13/22 3:15 PM, Damien Miller wrote:
[...]
> > Yes, libutil is a BSD library. It's included in libopenbsd-compat for
> > portable OpenSSH.
>
> I'm not seeing it in V_9_1_P1. The only place it's referenced is in
> bsd-openpty.c and there it's wrapped in ifdefs.

The functionality libutil provides (eg fmt_scaled/scan_scaled) is in
libopenbsd-compat if needed.  There's no explicit util.h file.

We could potentially have configure create empty files for them in
openbsd-compat where the platform doesn't have the file.  The header
search includes openbsd-compat, so #include <util.h> would find them
there and remove the need for the ifdefs, but I'm not sure if that
would be a net improvement or not.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)