PubkeyAuthentication=no does not work

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Dec 20 21:04:42 AEDT 2022

Hi,

Jakobus Schürz wrote:
> Since a few weeks i have the problem, when i try to login to a server,
> the option -o PubkeyAuthentication=no does not work any more.
> ssh always tries to use a ssh-key.
..
> I have openssh-client  in version 1:8.4p1-5+deb11u1 installed on my debian.

I can not reproduce this with current upstream source code, commit b0b5822.

Distributions unfortunately introduce changes on a regular basis,
although that debian package seems to be from July I still suspect
that this is a distribution-specific issue.

Try one or more of:

* reproducing on debian unstable
* reproducing on other distributions
* report a bug for the openssh-client 1:8.4p1-5+deb11u1 debian package

Thanks

//Peter