Connect direct and fallback

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Fri Feb 18 23:15:35 AEDT 2022

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 at 22:38, Brian Candler <b.candler at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a client-side tool which can be used with ProxyCommand and:
>
> - makes a direct connection attempt
> - if the connection fails, makes a second attempt via a configured SOCKS
> server
> - preferably uses ProxyUseFdpass, so that it gets out of the way once it
> has done its job

Other than the ProxyUseFdpass part you can do that with a shell one
liner in ProxyCommand and netcat:

ProxyCommand sh -c 'nc %h %p || nc --proxy lsocksserver:1080
--proxy-type=socks4 %h %p'

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)