Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.9

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Feb 19 04:39:55 AEDT 2022

Thorsten Glaser wrote in
 <dcc7333-54da-3e2-5ea7-3bcae4adf1f at tarent.de>:
 |On Fri, 18 Feb 2022, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |
 |>|Ouch, completely bogus.
 |>
 |> It is a nice hint imho.
 |
 |Nope. It hardcodes a path into the *host* system. Absolutely wrong,
 |on multiple counts. (It would also trigger, say, on a glibc system
 |with musl installed.)

Well it may look secondarily.  This is musl libc in the end.
And note it does not, as per the snippet you removed, perform any
action on its own, it just gives a hint for a specific configure
option which does.  I am using the same mechanism (i have not
invented it) in my ~/.profile, for setting LC_ALL.

 |> That .. does not seem to be true for native musl systems?
 |
 |Link statically.

Nah.  For hello world you mean?  Well despite Theo de Raadt
ranting (as its -static) .. requires special or at least
non-standardized flags itself.
On AlpineLinux there is no static musl, and never has been in the
past seven years i use it.  But wait, i track musl for almost as
long, too:

  #?0|kent:musl.git$ git grep -i LOCPA master
  master:WHATSNEW:- MUSL_LOCPATH search was broken with multiple components
  master:src/locale/locale_map.c: if (!libc.secure) path = getenv("MUSL_LOCPATH");

Never heard of it.

--steffen