Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.9

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Sat Feb 19 16:10:01 AEDT 2022

On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 at 11:50, Val Baranov <val.baranov at duke.edu> wrote:
[...]
> openssh-SNAP-20220211.tar.gz
> IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 (5724-X13)
> Version: 11.01.0000.0023
> OpenSSL 1.1.1m  14 Dec 2021
> AIX 7.1 TL5 SP8
[...]
> xlc: 1501-218 (W) file regress/misc/sk-dummy/sk-dummy.lo contains an incorrect file suffix
> xlc: 1501-218 (W) file regress/misc/sk-dummy/fatal.lo contains an incorrect file suffix

This is the shared library used for testing security key integration,
and it fails because our Makefile doesn't understand how to build
shared libraries on AIX.

> As a remedy in order to proceed further, commented out 2 lines below in Makefile:

You could also configure with either of --disable-security-key or
--with-security-key-builtin which (I think) will skip trying to build
that shared library.

> percent expansions forwardagent tilde
> forwardagent=~ expect // got /

I think this is because you are running the tests as root.  I can
reproduce on my obsolete AIX system here.  I think the test does the
wrong thing in this case (it needs to do the equivalent of realpath on
the expected string).

You can run the tests with "SUDO=sudo make tests" to run most of the
tests as a regular user and invoke sudo when necessary to exercise the
privileged bits.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)