Seccomp filter on ppc

Dries Deschout dries.deschout at dodeco.eu
Thu Jul 14 04:49:52 AEST 2022

Hi!

Wen building OpenSSH 8.9p1 for 32-bit PowerPC big endian on Linux 5.4,
with CONFIG_SECCOMP=y in the kernel config, I noticed seccomp is not
supported for ppc in configure.ac:

 > configure:9283: checking for seccomp architecture
 > configure:9348: result: architecture not supported

With the attached patch adding support for it, building for the device
results in:

 > configure:9283: checking for seccomp architecture
 > configure:9345: result: "AUDIT_ARCH_PPC"

The resulting sshd output shows it now working with the seccomp sandboxing:

 > debug3: ssh_sandbox_child: setting PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS [preauth]
 > debug3: ssh_sandbox_child: attaching seccomp filter program [preauth]

Could this ppc support be added to OpenSSH portable?

Thanks!
Dries