sshd Failing New Inbound Connections

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Mar 19 11:59:17 AEDT 2022

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20220318235830.LtgtZ%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |Peter Stuge wrote in
 | <20220318230932.23632.qmail at stuge.se>:
 ||POSIX.1-2001 offers inet_pton() but that essentially requires trying
 ||both AF_INET and AF_INET6 explicitly.
 |
 |I wonder, don't you usually do
 |
 |    c_af = (su_cs_find_c(pgp->pg_ca, ':') != NIL) ? AF_INET6 : AF_INET;
 |    if(inet_pton(c_af, pgp->pg_ca,
 |             (c_af == AF_INET ? S(void*,&c_sip.v4)
 |: S(void*,&c_sip.v6))) != 1){
 |
 |Problem (for me regarding inet_pton(3)) is more that this beast
 |fails for things like 127.000.000.001, it expects properly
 |formatted 127.0.0.1.  (This at least GNU LibC, i personally see
 |this as a bug, even though POSIX says "standard text
 |interpretation" --- but that surely is decimal and then
 |"compression" (to use the term for IPv4) should be applicable or
 |not.)

P.S. (and regardless that a commit seem to have happened: It is
actually even standardized that "octal numbers" are not supported
for IPv4, whereas leading zeroes for the hexadecimal ones in IPv6
addresses are.  I do not like this, i have often seen
127.000.000.001 in form fields etc.

--steffen