Call for testing: openssh-9.1

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 1 04:49:02 AEST 2022

20:10, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 9.1p1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This is a bugfix release.

On my FreeBSD 13/14ish laptop something's wrong with ./configure -
HAVE_FIDO_DEV_IS_WINHELLO is not getting set in config.h and then
building fails with:

sk-usbhid.c:386:1: error: static declaration of 'fido_dev_is_winhello'
follows non-static declaration
fido_dev_is_winhello(const fido_dev_t *fdev)
^
/usr/local/include/fido.h:220:6: note: previous declaration is here
bool fido_dev_is_winhello(const fido_dev_t *);

config.log shows it being detected correctly though:

configure:16481: checking for fido_dev_is_winhello
configure:16481: cc -o conftest -g -O2 -pipe -Wunknown-warning-option
-Qunused-arguments -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized
-Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -Wsizeof-pointer-memaccess
-Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-result -Wmisleading-indentation
-fno-strict-aliasing -mretpoline -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftrapv
-fno-builtin-memset -fstack-protector-strong  -I/usr/local/include
-Wl,-z,retpolineplt -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,noexecstack
-fstack-protector-strong conftest.c -lcrypto -lutil  -L/usr/local/lib
-lfido2  >&5
configure:16481: $? = 0
configure:16481: result: yes

I will look into that, but in any case with a straightforward
workaround for that the tests do run. They end up stalling, waiting on
input:
run test conch-ciphers.sh ...
conch ciphers: cipher aes256-ctr
emaste at 127.0.0.1's password:

I removed conch-ciphers for now, and the tests finish with:
all tests passed

There are also a few FreeBSD changes / issues that are still waiting:
https://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=163034560831808&w=2
https://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=165236928625750&w=2
https://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=165289778115816&w=2