Killing the OpenSSH server doesn't cause the Windows OpenSSH client to die

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sat Apr 8 14:46:16 AEST 2023

On Fri, 7 Apr 2023, Yuri wrote:

> The fact that '-o ServerAliveInterval=50' makes no difference suggests that
> there is a bug in the OpenSSH client.
> It either fails to sent heartbeats, or it gets stuck in some Windows system
> call and this makes it to fail to send heartbeats.

without debug logs from both the client and server in this situation, it's
not really possible to say what is going on.

Bear in mind that the Portable OpenSSH project and the Windows OpenSSH
project are separate. They use our code, but do a number of things quite
differently so if you suspect a problem in their code then they are the ones
to contact (e.g. via a github issue).

-d