The -p option for sshd(8) seems to be ignored in OpenSSH_9.2

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmx.com
Mon Feb 6 15:54:11 AEDT 2023

On 2/5/23 23:44, Darren Tucker wrote:
[snip]> What ListenAddress and Port directives do you have in your
sshd_config?

Thanks.  Apparently I misremembered the expected behavior.  The
ListenAddress directive is set twice in that configuration file, once
for each of the ports shown in the error:

ListenAddress 0.0.0.0:2223
ListenAddress 10.100.100.1:22

So, passing ListenAddress as an option produces the behavior that I was
aiming for:

/usr/sbin/sshd -o ListenAddress=0.0.0.0:2201 -d

Just to be sure I checked on OpenSSH 8.4 and the -p option does not
override ListenAddress there either.

Apologies, and thanks for the clarification.

/Lars