SFTP support for subsecond times

Ben Lindstrom mouring at offwriting.org
Wed May 24 10:44:05 AEST 2023

Historically the view has been if you want NFS-like filesystem over SSH
write a dedicated subsystem.  The OpenSSH project stopped following the
sftp spec when it tried to "be-everyting-to-everyone" protocol instead
of a clean and simple ftp/scp replacement.  As filesystem sharing
protocols have oddies between platforms that add a lot of complexity and
are unsuited for the original sftp purpose.

I suspect this view point still hasn't changed since I officially left
the project.

- Ben