Publish PGP signed tarball without generated content?

Roumen Petrov openssh at roumenpetrov.info
Fri Apr 19 03:43:01 AEST 2024

Canonization .... of file content ?

На 18.04.24 г. в 12:35 ч., Stuart Henderson написа:
> On 2024/04/18 10:06, Damien Miller wrote:
>> I think we're going to check in the autoconf-generated files on the
>> release branches instead.
>
> That seems a sane approach.
>
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>>> and then publish the resulting openssh-9.7p1-src.tar.gz and
>>> openssh-9.7p1-src.tar.gz.asc files, preferably using a version of git
>>> that leads to archives that are identical to what GitHub currently
>>> publish.
>
> More than git is involved in this - it also depends on versions of
> things like tar and gzip. And github don't guarantee that these files
> won't change.

Extracted content depends from OS. Some files should keep EOL in UNIX
style for instance shell scripts, other will be translated.

How to canonise file content? Canonical XML is only for xml. What about
other file types?

Request does not look valuable.

Regards,
Roumen