Secondary SSH connection

Dave Close dave at compata.com
Sat Aug 24 11:16:13 AEST 2024

Damien Miller wrote:

>This is ssh trying to connect to $SSH_AUTH_SOCK, perhaps JuiceSSH's
>agent that you've forwarded.
>the sudo is probably clearing $SSH_AUTH_SOCK and so it doesn't
>try to connect to it.
>
>You can simulate this by clearing the environment variable yourself and
>see if the hangs persist.
>
>If it is the forwarded agent, then the problem is probably in JuiceSSH
>but I'm not able to offer any debugging advice for that, sorry.

I replied privately by accident. The list was CC'd, not primary.

Damien's analysis is absolutely correct. This annoyance has bothered
me for a long time. The necessary description was tedious enough to
inhibit me from asking for help.

No need to fix JuiceSSH. It's authors ignore all contact anyway. Fixed
on my system with a simple bash command:
  "alias xssh="unset SSH_AUTH_SOCK; ssh".
--
         Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA       +1 714 434 7359
       dave at compata.com              dhclose at alumni.caltech.edu
      "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." -- John Lennon