Debian openssh option review: considering splitting out GSS-API key exchange

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Fri Aug 30 20:11:03 AEST 2024

On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 01:30:11AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
>  * for Debian trixie (current testing):
>
>    * add dependency-only packages called something like
>      openssh-client-gsskex and openssh-server-gsskex, depending on their
>      non-gsskex alternatives
>    * add NEWS.Debian entry saying that people need to install these
>      packages if they want to retain GSS-API key exchange support

This is now implemented in Debian unstable.  I called the packages
openssh-client-gssapi and openssh-server-gssapi, with the intention of
splitting out both GSS-API authentication and key exchange support
later: that is, in trixie+1 I intend to build openssh without
--with-kerberos5 as well as dropping the key exchange patch from the
main packages, and you'd have to use openssh-*-gssapi for either
function.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson at debian.org]