OpenSSH - Central repository for "Match" rules

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at binect.de
Fri Jun 14 18:59:26 AEST 2024

On 14.06.24 01:58, Damien Miller wrote:
> No, the command would run every ssh invocation
>
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2024, SCOTT FIELDS wrote:
>> Except you'd need to cycle SSHD to pickup any changes/updates.

Y'all might want to pinpoint whether you want to do that trickery in
someone's ~/.ssh/config, or /etc/ssh/sshd_config ...

(Though I have to say that in the latter case, getting sshd to re-eval
the repository after startup, even if it *is* something wholly designed
for on-demand eval like LDAP, might well result in "you *have* to
restart it frequently for that". Which is something ops should be less
than thrilled about, to put it mildly ...)

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur