An Analysis of the DHEat DoS Against SSH in Cloud Environments

Joseph S. Testa II jtesta at positronsecurity.com
Thu Jun 20 06:11:28 AEST 2024

On Wed, 2024-06-19 at 09:19 -0400, chris wrote:
> real world example (current snapshot of portable on linux v. dheater)

Thanks for this.  However, much more extensive testing would be needed
to show it is a complete solution.  In my original research article, I
used CPU idle time as the main metric.  Also, I showed that very low-
latency network links could bypass the existing countermeasures.

I suppose in the next few days, I'll try reproducing my original steps
with the new version and see what happens.

  - Joe