[Possible phishing attempt] Re: ssh while ssh-agent is running

openssh at tr.id.au openssh at tr.id.au
Wed Oct 2 09:00:01 AEST 2024

> A problem with that, it's a bit cumbersome. You have to realize what the
> cause of the problem, so that adding the flag will fix it (why is ssh
> failing anyway?). And then check the exact syntax. And write that, on the
> command-line. It is another option though.

Personally, I set IdentitiesOnly yes as the global default in ~/.ssh/config, and explicitly set the preferred key separately for groups of hosts. All my keys are under ~/.ssh/keys or ~/.ssh/sk so they don't get automatically picked up by the client when a host hasn't been defined yet.

The client is only cumbersome if you don't use ~/.ssh/config and have never refered to `man ssh_config`.

~ Tim