HOWTO (advanced) ssh transparent proxy jump

Maât maat-ml at mageia.biz
Sun Oct 20 23:25:29 AEDT 2024

Le 20/10/2024 à 12:06, Brian Candler a écrit :

> On 20/10/2024 10:57, Maât via openssh-unix-dev wrote:
>> The IPs are given to us by a sponsor provider... I'd rather not ask
>> for one more given that these are becoming rare and precious.
>>
> Different port number then? Move your admin access to port 2222, and
> use port 22 for git?

The port 22 is not used only by admins... it serves also for tier mirror
providers around the world to rsync from our server. I cannot ask all of
them to patch their mirroring tools just for us. And it would also need
us to change a huge lot of internal tools code.

It would be less of a hell to change the port for our contributors...
but that's precisely what i'm trying to avoid.

Kind regards,

Maât