[flashboot] Announce: flashboot-1.0beta1

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Fri Aug 4 19:24:30 EST 2006

Hi,

OpenBSD CVS head has switched from 3.9-current to 4.0-beta, so I have
made a corresponding flashboot-1.0beta1 release.

This release has been tested on the Soekris NET4501, Commell LE564 SBC,
iBase FWA7204 and PC Engines WRAP. The binary distribution includes
kernels for all these (the same kernel is used for the Commell LE564 as
the iBase FWA7204). It also includes a GENERIC kernel and one for the
Soekris NET4801, which I am not able to test for lack of hardware.

Some additional changes in this release:

 * Add ipw(4) and iwi(4) wireless devices
 * Add support for ipsectl(8) and ipsec.conf
 * Many build system fixes and improvements, including support builds
   as non-root with $SUDO set
 * Removed deprecated utilities: ipsecadm(8) and spppcontrol(8)
 * Add tcpdrop(8), rdate(8) and rtsold(8)

Flashboot is available from: http://www.mindrot.org/flashboot.html

Enjoy!

-d