[flashboot] Named

Rickard Dahlstrand rd at tilde.se
Thu Aug 24 00:56:18 EST 2006

Jakob Schlyter wrote:
>> What about adding named? I know it's big but it is the last piece to
>> make flashboot to a complete firewall-solution.
>
> I really like that, but we still have the problem the small ramdisk.
> is there any way we can fix this? it's getting really annoying...
I guess it's always going to be a trade off between compatibility with
devices with small memory versus functionality. But as far as I
understand it there shouldn't be a problem to increase the disksize now
that DMA is out of the picture. And it has been for some time now, or am
I wrong?

Rickard.

(I'm adding the list to this discussion as other people possible have
comments on this issue)