[flashboot] flashboot build issue?

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Mon Sep 10 07:43:41 EST 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 07:35:39AM -0600, Jason George wrote:
: the hackathon) but noticed yesterday that my scripts from January were now
: failing on the build-release portion.  (They'd been running fine in different
: incarnations for well over a year)  Initially, they failed trying to install
: the man page for ypclnt.3.  This caused me to start digging.
:
: I then downloaded the 20070830 snapshot and encountered the same issue.
:
: I tracked it down to the options in mk-mini.conf.  If I leave various options
: of KERBEROS, YP, etc equal to NO, then the build fails in different places when
: trying to install.
:
: My setup involves building a raw, clean source tree from fresh cvs tree from a
: daily cvsync snapshot.  I merge my custom binaries in much later (nothing to do
: with the build-release script) so that isn't the cause.
:
: Any thoughts?  A standard build-world from /usr/src works just fine.  It's the
: mk-mini options that are crating the build for me.  Did something change in
: "make" and how it handle its options in the last number of months that I've
: missed?

I see the same thing and have not yet been able to track its
cause down.

I get the problem also when I build 4.2 using 4.1 make program, and
4.1 /usr/share/mk makefiles.

install -c -o root -g bin -m 444 shmget.cat2 /extra/flash-dist/usr/share/man/cat2/shmget.0
install -c -o root -g bin -m 444 ypclnt.cat3 /extra/flash-dist/usr/share/man/cat3/ypclnt.0
install: ypclnt.cat3: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /extra/OPENBSD_4_2/src/lib/libc (line 88 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.man.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /extra/OPENBSD_4_2/src/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /extra/OPENBSD_4_2/src (line 73 of Makefile).