[flashboot] Kernel panic when printing on serial console

Yannick Gravel yg at ygunit.net
Tue Jun 30 05:06:41 EST 2009

Hi Bastien,

   Please edit the /etc/sysctl.conf on your machine and
add/adjust/uncomment the following line..

ddb.console=0                   # 1=Permit entry of ddb from the console

   By default, you could escape to the ddb/KDB from the console.
Activity on the serial port like a reboot on the other side of the
serial cable can trigger that escape.

   I allways disable ddb.console now. Bitten too often in the past.

Cheers

Y.